Buzzfeed.com put together a list of the 21 Most Traumatizing Moments From '80s Kids Movies. Although a lot of them aren't technically 'kids' movies. It has the Large Marge scene from "Pee Wee's Big Adventure", the kid pulling a leech off his nethers in "Stand By Me" and the villain pulling a guy's heart out in "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom".
1. The leech scene from "Stand By Me", where the boys jump into a swamp and come out covered in leeches. Then one of them pulls a leech out of HIS UNDERWEAR . . . and faints when he looks at his bloody hand. ("Stand By Me" was actually rated R.)
2. The priest in "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" ripping out a guy's still-beating heart. And the guy is STILL ALIVE when he's lowered into a pit of molten lava.
3. The Fratellis trying to chop off Chunk's hand with a blender in "The Goonies".
4. The 'Large Marge' scene in "Pee Wee's Big Adventure".
5. E.T.'s "death" in "E.T. the Extraterrestrial".
6. Atreyu's horse Artax drowning in "The NeverEnding Story".
7. Judge Doom revealing his real face in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".
8. The clown doll scene in "Poltergeist". If you can believe it, "Poltergeist" was rated PG. But it was released in 1982, before the PG-13 rating was invented.
It could easily have been rated R . . . and probably would have been if STEVEN SPIELBERG hadn't produced it.
9. Stripe's death in "Gremlins". Sure, he was the villain. But the way he disintegrated into a pile of goo was pretty nasty.
10. The death of Littlefoot's mother in "The Land Before Time".