The temperature keeps climbing and making us all miserable. So here are six weird tricks you can use to keep yourself cool . . . some of which seem counterintuitive.
1. Lick your wrists. Monkeys lick their wrists when they're hot. It works for humans too. Of course, you COULD just run them under cold water for 10 seconds . . . but isn't licking them more entertaining?
2. Get the hot salsa. Spicy foods actually cool you down.
3. Keep your lotion in the fridge. That way, when you put it on, it will keep you cold for a while.
4. Turn off the TV. Modern TVs generate a TON of heat. So when you're not watching, turn it off.
5. Put your mattress on the floor. Since heat rises, the closer you get to the floor, the better it will feel. You should also put your fans on the floor and angle them upward.
6. Eat frozen yogurt instead of ice cream. Yogurt has a higher water content than ice cream, so it's better for keeping your body temperature down.