Pembroke N.Y.- Several crews took on a barn fire early this morning in Genesee County.
Firefighters said a man went outside his home on Brown Road in Pembroke around 12:30 a.m. to get a generator because he lost power. That’s when he noticed smoke coming from his barn and tried to put it out himself.
Firefighters had to truck in water to put out the flames. Seven companies from across the county were called . Firefighters believe that they were able to save half of the barn, though the back half will have to be torn down.
No one was injured. No word on a cause.